According to Deadline, Patty Jenkins’s Wonder Woman, starring Gal Gadot in the title role was the most profitable comic book superhero of 2017, beating films such as Spider-Man: Homecoming, Thor: Ragnarok and Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 in net profit.
As we perviously reported, Wonder Woman’s net profit for Warner Bros. at the box office was $252.9 million, making it more profitable than Man of Steel, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and Justice League combined.
The ranking for the most profitable superhero movie goes as followed:
- Wonder Woman (WB/DC) – $252.9M
- Spider-Man: Homecoming (SONY/Marvel) – $200.1M
- Thor: Ragnarok (DIS/Marvel) – $174.2M
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (DIS/Marvel) – $154.7M
The Wonder Woman sequel is set to start production in June, with a release date of November 1st, 2019, with Gal Gadot returning as the title character and director Patty Jenkins returning to helm the movie.
Latest posts by Arelis (see all)
- Aquaman Officially Crosses $1 Billion Dollars at the World Wide Box Office - January 13, 2019
- Aquaman Crosses $100 Million at the China Box Office - December 10, 2018
- Jack Bannon to Star as Alfred in Pennyworth - October 23, 2018