The early opening weekend forecast for Wonder Woman domestically is being projected at $84 million, which is a very impressive number for an opening for a comic book character solo film, more so since the early numbers are in most cases are below what the movie ends up opening to.
For example Suicide Squad early forecast opening weekend number was projected at $98 million and the film ended up opening with $135 million.
Even if Wonder Woman doesn’t open bigger than $84 million, which will make it the lowest opening for a DC Extended Universe film, the number is still impressive for a comic book character solo film, when compared to other solo films opening weekend numbers.
- Elektra opened with $12 million.
- Catwoman opened with $16 million
- Blade opened with $17 million
- Daredevil opened with $40 million
- Ghost Rider opened with $45 million
- The Incredible Hulk $55 million
- Ant-Man opened with $57 million
- Hulk with $62 million
- Captain America: The First Avenger opened with $65 million
- Thor opened with $65 million
Latest posts by Arelis (see all)
- Justice League: The Art of the Film – Available for Pre-order - August 18, 2017
- Shazam Director Taking a Break From Twitter to Focus on the Film - August 18, 2017
- Willem Dafoe Talks on Filming Aquaman and Details of His Character - August 18, 2017