As we reported before casting is underway for a new Superman, as he is going to finally appear physically in the second season of Supergirl. Casting director David Rapaport, who is known for being the man behind the casting for the DC Television shows teased on Twitter that he was in the middle of casting new heroes and villains.
Now we have gotten some confirmation on just a few of these additions to the cast by TV Line, as they’re reporting that several new characters are being added, such as:
- Lena Luthor, who will be in the 25-35 year old range, arrives in town to get out from under the shadow of her infamous brother. She’s described as sexy and smart and determined to get what she wants. But what does she want? That remains unclear.
- Nick Farrow. He’s a “brash leading man” who butts heads with Kara at CatCo. The son of a famous reporter, Nick is “looking to make a name for himself in the news world but the question of whether he can leave behind his former selfish and hedonistic ways will constantly arise. In hanging out with Kara, the hero in Nick might finally come out.” Hmm…
- The Doctor, the diabolical female leader of Project Cadmus who uses her surgical skills to implant prisoners with alien technology.
- Snapper Carr, a veteran journalist appointed by Cat to remake the news division by going old school.
- Maggie, an out and proud detective for the newly formed Science Police, which deals specifically with metahuman and alien threats.
While each of the characters are from the comics, only Nick Farrow seems to be new, a move that all DC shows have done since T.J. White was introduced to Superboy the television series and later integrated into the comic books.
Lena Luthor, the sister to the more famous villain Lex Luthor has been in live action before as Tess Mercer on Smallville played by Cassidy Freeman. She also appeared in the two-part episode “Know Thy Enemy” from the series The Adventures of Superboy, played by Jennifer Hawkins and the adult version played by Denise Gossett. Maggie Sawyer, has also had a live action role on Smallville, played by Jill Teed.
- Said Taghmaoui Training for Wonder Woman 1984? - September 7, 2018
- Jay Oliva Worked a Bit on The Batman with Ben Affleck - July 6, 2018
- Supergirl the Movie Will be Receiving a San Diego Comic Con Panel - July 6, 2018