Justice League: Gods and Monsters gets an official release date of July 28, 2015, plus boxset cover, Blu-ray/DVD details and is available for preorder.
Justice League: Gods & Monsters takes place in a divergent reality where the Justice League protects the planet – but answers to no one but themselves. Employing methods of intimidation and fear, this Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman deal brute force in the name of justice. From the creative genius of executive producer Bruce Timm and co-producer Alan Burnett comes an original story where the world’s greatest triumvirate of super heroes has distinctly different origins. Superman was not raised by the Kents in Smallville, the Caped Crusader is not Bruce Wayne, and Wonder Woman is not an Amazon warrior of Themyscira. They are as likely the world’s saviors as Earth’s despotic rulers. When a group of famed scientists experience untimely “accidents,” a government task force follows the trail of clues to the Justice League – but is there a more powerful player operating from the shadows? It’s a high stakes game of intrigue, mystery and action that asks the question: How do you serve justice to those above the law?
Justice League: Gods & Monsters’ voice cast includes Michael C. Hall (Dexter) as Batman, Benjamin Bratt (Law & Order, 24) as Superman, Tamara Taylor (Bones) as Wonder Woman, Paget Brewster (Criminal Minds) as Lois Lane, Jason Isaacs (Harry Potter films, Dig) as Lex Luthor and C. Thomas Howell (E.T., Southland) as Dr. Will Magnus.
Justice League: Gods & Monsters is directed by Sam Liu (Batman: Year One) from Timm’s original story.
Justice League: Gods & Monsters will be available on Blu-rayDeluxe Edition for $29.96 SRP, Blu-rayCombo Pack for $24.98 and on DVD for $19.98. The Blu-rayT Combo Pack includes a digital version of the movie on Digital HD with UltraViolet. The Blu-ray Deluxe Edition will include the Blu-Ray Combo Pack, along with an exclusive Wonder Woman figurine in a numbered limited edition gift set. Fans can also own Justice League: Gods & Monsters in Digital HD on July 28 via purchase from digital retailers.
“We are thrilled to announce this new and totally unique DC Universe Original Movie,” said Mary Ellen Thomas, Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Vice President, Family & Animation Marketing via press release. “With Bruce Timm presenting his distinctive take on the alternate universe of Justice League: Gods & Monsters, we know fans will be gripped by the plot twists and the question of whether we are dealing with heroes or villains.”
BLU-RAY AND DVD BONUS CONTENT
Justice League: Gods & Monsters Blu-rayTM and Blu-rayTM Deluxe Edition contain the following special features:
- ALTERNATE REALITIES: Infinite Possibilities – Justice League: Gods & Monstersfalls into a category of storytelling where our well-known characters and the worlds they inhabit are re-imagined. This documentary explores the various attempts by writers to have a little fun and tinker with the characters, resulting in exceptional storytelling that posed thought-provoking questions to audiences.
- CALCULATED RISKS: The Making of Gods and Monsters – Justice League: Gods & Monsters was an idea that pushed the boundaries. It began with that challenging question writers face: “What haven’t we seen before?” Bruce Timm and Alan Burnett audaciously answered that challenge, resulting in a fresh and exciting film that forces us to think differently about the DC Universe.
- The New Gods – Encore presentation of 2010 documentary about Jack Kirby’s New Gods.
- A Sneak Peak at DC Universe’s Next AnimatedMovie – An advance look at the next DC Universe Original Movie.
- Bonus cartoons from the DC Comics Vault
Justice League: Gods & Monsters DVD contains the following special features:
- A Sneak Peak at DC Universe’s Next Animated Movie – An advance look at the next DC Universe Original Movie.
It’s interesting to note through Warner Bros. YouTube channel Machima, there will be a collection of shorts connected to this film so it’s weird to see those won’t be on here, unless they just didn’t add it to the list, anyone who got Batman vs Robin I’m sure noticed the Super-Rabbit short not listed.
Latest posts by Eric Curto (see all)
- Said Taghmaoui Training for Wonder Woman 1984? - September 7, 2018
- Jay Oliva Worked a Bit on The Batman with Ben Affleck - July 6, 2018
- Supergirl the Movie Will be Receiving a San Diego Comic Con Panel - July 6, 2018