Powerless the DC Comics sitcom Pilot for NBC, is well underway in the casting stages, as previously reported Vanessa Hudgens was cast as the lead character Emily Locke, now three more castings have been confirmed.
Powerless will take place in an insurance firm within the DC Universe in which on a daily basis the cast has to deal with those who have lost much during the constant destruction that occurs during a fight between a DC Hero and Villain.
Each casting includes the character’s description:
- Danny Pudi (Community) is Teddy, best friend of Emily (Vanessa Hudgens) at work and her trusted confidante. He spends his days creating time-wasting pranks as a way to make their office, the “least Super place on earth,” just a little less “unsuper.”
- Alan Tudyk (Firefly) is Del, Emily’s new boss in the claims department. Del has just been promoted — not through any merit of his own, but because he’s the owner’s son. A self-proclaimed “rich, over-educated globetrotting wastrel,” Del is a power-mad disastrous dictator of a boss.
- Christina Kirk is Jackie. A fan of Super Heroes, Jackie has plastered her office cubicle with beefcake shots of super guys. New claims department boss Del makes her his personal assistant, and she begins buckling under his unreasonable and impossible demands.
Latest posts by Eric Curto (see all)
- David F. Sandberg to Direct Shazam for New Line for Possible 2019 Release - July 20, 2017
- Professor Marston and the Wonder Women – Trailer - July 18, 2017
- Warner Bros Announces Two More Untitled DC Films For 2020 - July 17, 2017