In a recent press release Executive Producer Andrew Kreisberg spoke on what is going on behind the scenes and what we can expect in season 2 of Supergirl, confirming that Superman himself will guest star in two episodes of the upcoming season.
BREAKING THE NEWS OFFICIALLY
“Greg, Ali and I are beyond thrilled to welcome Clark Kent and his slightly-more-famous alter ego to the world of Supergirl,”
WHO WILL PLAY THE ROLE
“We cannot wait to see who next dons the red cape.”
It is weird to hear that casting is currently underway to find a new Man of Steel when Kevin Caliber has been playing his briefly seen role in Season 1 is not playing the character again. The series has moved from Los Angelas to Vancouver, so it’s possible he is not an actor willing to move or commute. As we have seen with Calista Flockhart, whose role as Cat Grant could be reduced to recurring due to the change in shooting areas.
Now the question must be raised, will he be involved in the upcoming DC Television Crossover? You can’t introduce him in a more official capacity and not have him involved in something that huge. Hell, he can be a member of Legends of Tomorrow season 2.
We’ve already seen many question as to whether or not Tom Welling will return to the role of Clark Kent and I personally don’t see that happening. For a few reasons
- Tom Welling played the role of Clark Kent for 10 seasons and did what he could to avoid putting on the costume, always saying that its a show about Clark Kent NOT Superman.
- In the Series Finale for Smallville he avoided the outfit so much, they had Brandon Routh’s outfit from Superman Returns bought in and than used a CGI outfit and far away shots of him.
- It was said recently that Tom Welling was willing to return to the DC Universe and even more recently it was said he may be voicing Krypto.
- He has a new series getting ready to launch and it would be difficult for him to take on such a huge role, especially if it becomes recurring. Plus the show runners are not gonna risk having to recast the role, yet again.
- This is not the Smallville universe, while die hard fans can accept a new version played by an actors whose played him, the casual fans may get confused, especially any Smallville fans who may decide to watch the series expecting him to play the same version again and noticing how different the universe is from Smallville.
Latest posts by Eric Curto (see all)
- The Truth About the Wonder Woman Marketing Controversy - April 29, 2017
- Geoff Johns Already Writing Titans Script and Teases Team - April 29, 2017
- Neil Gaiman on Wanting The Sandman as a Television Series - April 28, 2017