A week ago a soundtrack listing was posted featuring all the tracks heard in the recent trailers for Suicide Squad, including a few new ones, but titles like AC/DC’s “Black in Black” certainly made us a bit suspicious as to its authenticity. Now it seems like it is true that the previous track listing was in fact a fake as Film Music Reporter has announced that Atlantic Records will be releasing the soundtrack as well as a track listing.
— David Ayer (@DavidAyerMovies) June 17, 2016
Here’s the album track list:
- Purple Lamborghini – Skrillex & Rick Ross
- Sucker For Pain – Lil Wayne, Wiz Khalifa & Imagine Dragons (with Logic, Ty Dolla $ign & X Ambassadors)
- Heathens – twenty one pilots
- Standing In The Rain – Action Bronson & Dan Auerbach (of The Black Keys) (feat. Mark Ronson)
- Gangsta – Kehlani
- Know Better – Kevin Gates
- You Don’t Own Me – Grace (feat. G-Eazy)
- Without Me – Eminem
- Wreak Havoc – Skylar Grey
- Medieval Warfare – Grimes
- Bohemian Rhapsody – Panic! At The Disco
- Slippin’ Into Darkness – War
- Fortunate Son – Creedence Clearwater Revival
- I Started a Joke – Confidential MX (feat. Becky Hanson)
It’s interesting that Panic At the Disco is going to be covering the Queen hit “Bohemian Rhapsody”, instead of just having the original song heard in the trailers, but it is not unusual for a cover to be in the actual film as it is cheaper that way. Sweet’s song “Ballroom Blitz” is also missing, but again it’s not unusual for a trailer to feature music that is not in the soundtrack.
The song by Skrillex and Rick Ross in which Jared Leto as The Joker will appear in the music video for, has also been given an official title of “Pink Lamborghini”.
It is also quite different from the score driven soundtracks that Man of Steel and Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice were, it’s a more of a commercial soundtrack.
Latest posts by Eric Curto (see all)
- New Justice League Poster is Released Hinting to Superman’s Return - July 22, 2017
- Joss Whedon Begins Work on Batgirl in 2018 - July 22, 2017
- David F. Sandberg Discusses What Drew Him to Shazam - July 22, 2017