We reported earlier that we may have a clue to which characters maybe added into the new Superhero team up CW Show. While I explained my reasons as to my thoughts on the female superhero and the black superhero that’s being cast, I didn’t really explain what my reasoning was for the first choice. Well here is that part of article:
“THE TRAVELER” Described as a “Han Solo-esque rogue who gets by with his charm, this hero hails from the future, and has journeyed back in time on a secret mission. His razor-sharp wit hides the pain of a man who has lived through serious conflict. He also harbors many secrets, always leaving both his teammates and the audience unsure of his true allegiances.
“My Thoughts” Now judging from the description you can immediately assume t would be Booster Gold, the character is from the future and cocky in a way, but when the series was first announced they made it clear we would not see someone who has appeared in Live Action before and he was in Smallville. Still it could be a member of the Legion of Superheroes, someone who can eventually go back and create another CW series in the future, certainly opens it up a bit
Another character I forgot to point out who may appear is Kid Flash, in the comics Kid Flash has had 3 versions, each version has a basis for being possible.
1) First version was Barry Allen’s partner Wally West, who originally started out as just his sidekick and would take on the mantle of The Flash when Barry Allen “died” during “Crisis on Infinite Earths. ” According the show runners of The Flash they have said it’s quite possible we would see Wally West appear and seeing as he has never had a Live Action version, it’s quite possible (although in Smallville his name was used as an alias).
2) Bart Allen, 2nd Version seems to fit the best, however it does go against the claim that the characters have never been in live action before as he was on Smallville as Impulse, but that right there can be a way that the show runners rationalize this choice. In the comics Bart Allen is from the future and a member of the Legion of Superheroes, he also shares DNA with Barry Allen, Iris West and Edward Thawne, which could very well bring on some much-needed drama between two sides. However as I said before, Bart Allen was played by Kyle Gallner on Smallville under the guise of Impulse (also his back story is much different), but by making him Kid Flash, they may have found a loophole. The Season 11 Comic Book did show that the Bart Allen in Smallville was not the traditional Bart Allen and that he had a descendant who would go by Bartholomew Allen.
3) Iris West, this version of Kid Flash is an Alternate Reality version (from Kingdom Come), there has been a theory that this team up television series could be a one shot season (much like Once Upon A Time In Wonderland was for its parent series) and be a result of the Season Finale where many suspect will result in Barry Allen stopping his mother’s death and changing things. It has been given a straight to series order, so its possible. In this reality set in the future, she is the daughter of Linda Park and Wally West. Linda Park has already been somewhat established on Arrow and The Flash, so its possible. Of course they can make some changes to make Barry Allen her direct father and naming her after Iris (who maybe had died in this reality).
However, assuming that this is not an alternate reality this version is unlikely, unless they put Iris West through a similar “accident” Barry went through.
There is another version named Vince Everett, who was introduced in The Flash TV series from the 90’s series starring John Wesley Shipp, comic book series based on that television series. This version was a street punk, who runs into Tina McGee who is working on the accident that turned Barry in the Flash and gets caught up in the experiment. Once the TV series ended this comic was canceled, so doubt we are seeing this version.
So what do you think? Is it possible we can have another version of The Flash? This character fits the bill and it be great.
Latest posts by Eric Curto (see all)
- Jon Berg Discusses Justice League and Working with Joss Whedon - June 21, 2017
- Geoff Johns Talks Writing Wonder Woman Sequel - June 21, 2017
- Watchmen TV Series in Development at HBO - June 21, 2017